Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Reading Challenges

I don't usually participate in reading challenges, but two caught my eye for this upcoming year:

The 2013 TBR Pile Challenge, hosted by Evie at Bookish. Why? I have a ghastly number of books I own but haven't read. Yet. For the purposes of this challenge, I will count any book I've owned for 6+ months that is not a 2013 release. I'm aiming for 50 books, but really, I'll probably be happy with 25. Or maybe less. I'm really bad at sticking to these plans for decreasing my TBR mountain.



1. Honey for the Bears by Anthony Burgess
2. America B.C. by Barry Fell
3. The Mosquito Coast by Paul Theroux
4. In a Perfect World by Laura Kasischke
5. The Demi-Monde: Winter by Rod Rees
6. The Kingdom of Matthias by Paul E. Johnson and Sean Wilentz
7. Mountain Jack Tales by Gail E. Haley
8. City of Bohane by Kevin Barry
9. Abandon by Meg Cabot
10. Illuminated by Erica Orloff
11. Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell
12. The Patchwork Girl of Oz by L. Frank Baum
13. Midnight Pearls by Debbie Viguie
14. Utopia by Ahmed Khaled Towfik
15. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
16. The Lais of Marie de France
17. The Female Quixote by Charlotte Lennox

The 2013 Translation Challenge, hosted by Ellie at Curiosity Killed the Bookworm. Because I'm great with finding translated lit and then never getting around to reading it. The details of the challenge call for a book a month, so 12 for the year. Here's the beginnings of my (tentative) list:





1. The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano
2. The Island of Last Truth by Flavia Company
3. Erebos by Ursula Poznanski
4. The Carpet Makers by Andreas Eschbach
5. Our Man in Iraq by Robert Perisic
6. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
7. Narcissus and Goldmund by Hermann Hesse
8. The Fairy Tales of Hermann Hesse
9. Dreaming of Cockaigne by Herbert Pleij
10. Utopia by Ahmed Khaled Towfik
11. Wigalois by Wirnt von Grafenberg
12. Without a Net by Ana Maria Shua
13. The Lais of Marie de France

So...my partial reading plans for the year. This page will be periodically updated with links to books reviewed as part of these challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment