Friday, September 21, 2012

In My Mailbox #36

One month at college, and already my measly two shelves are groaning.

For review:
The Order of Odd-Fish by James Kennedy (thanks to the author and his publicist!)
On page 100. Completely wacky, but fun.

Won:
Thanks, Laura's Reviews!
The Spanish Bride by Georgette Heyer
Penhallow by Georgette Heyer
The Unknown Ajax by Georgette Heyer

Purchased for class:
The Epic of Askia Mohammed by Thomas A. Hale
The Epic of Kelefaa Saane by Sirifo Camara
I'm writing a paper for African Civ relating West African epics to historical processes, starting with Sundiata from the Mali Empire.

Goodwill purchases, because, OMG!, the local store here actually has a decent selection of books:
Legends of the Rhine by Wilhelm Ruland
The Under-Dogs by Mariano Azuela
In a Perfect World by Laura Kasischke
Been on my wishlist for a while as one of those sorta weird adult literary sci-fi-ish novels.
The Kingdom of Matthias by Paul E. Johnson and Sean Wilentz
Nonfiction about a 19th-century religious group/cult thing.
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

For free:
World Literature Today is so awesome - when I went to their book club, they offered up more free books! Again, I love college...
Good Offices by Evelio Rosero
The Green Corn Rebellion by William Cunningham
Voyage to Kazohinia by Sandor Szathmari
Aaaaaahhhhh!!!! I can't believe I found this!!! Hungarian satiric dystopian novel from 1941; the English edition just came out in July and I'd never even heard of it before!!!!
Wild Unrest: Charlotte Perkins Gilman and the Making of "The Yellow Wall-Paper" by Helen Lefkowitz Horowitz
The Prophecies by Nostradamus
The Irresistible Fairy Tale: The Cultural and Social History of a Genre by Jack Zipes


No comments:

Post a Comment