Monday, July 9, 2012

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Begins!

It's time again for the annual Once Upon a Read-a-Thon!! This year it's hosted by the friendly triumvirate of Candace's Book Blog, Pure Imagination, and Reading Angel. Though the reading theme is not required to be fairytales and related stuff, I like to use the read-a-thon as an excuse to catch up on all the retellings I collect...and then somehow never get around to reading. Also included this year are some review copies and other reading I need to get caught up on.

This year's fare:
finish Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez my review
A Once Crowded Sky by Tom King my review
Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan
Abandon by Meg Cabot
The Lioness and Her Knight by Gerald Morris

Of course I'm going to get through all 7 of these in three days, amidst unpacking and exploring the new hometown....anyway, this will be the update page; periodically throughout the days I'll record what page I'm on and which books I've finished, linking up to reviews.

Happy reading, fellow read-a-thoners!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a pretty hefty list. I've only read Abandon off of it and I enjoyed that read though it kind of felt like a set-up at times for the sequel, still engrossing through. Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, can't say I'm a fan of books that do a lot of conspicuous setting-up for sequels. It seems odd for Meg Cabot's writing. I'm not surprised it's engrossing, though - Cabot's novels have a way of completely drawing in the reader!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Another fairy tale fan! I'm ashamed to say that I haven't read any of those, but I've been dying to read most of them for a long time. I'm not nearly as ambitious as you are; I'm only reading 4 books. Good luck!

    Debz @ Debz Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...4 books is actually my target. Having 7 on the list is really just me being overly optimistic. :) But, hey, I think a lot of them will be relatively quick reads.

      I noticed Ice and Glitch on your list - both books I'm dying to read!

      Delete