Saturday, July 7, 2012

In My Mailbox #30

A two-week, pre- and post-moving edition.

For review:
Shadow Show: All-New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury (Early Reviewers)
I find it ironic that this is scheduled for publication the month after Bradbury's death. Anyway, I'm a Ray Bradbury fan.

Won:
Jana Bibi's Excellent Fortunes by Betsy Woodman (thanks, Good Choice Reading!)
For some reason, I really enjoy and am interested in books set in India.
Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome (thanks, Karen at Books and Chocolate!)
Humorous classic.
Laugh with the Moon by Shana Burg (thanks, PJ at Roots in Myth!)
I'm also interested in novels set in Africa.
This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers (thanks, Trisha at Behind the Moon!)
Yay, post-apocalyptic zombie novel!
Leonardo's Swans by Karen Essex (thanks, Olga at Bibliophile's Corner!)
I also enjoy historical fiction involving art.

Purchased:
Of course, right before we move, I buy even more books. Well, three years ago, we gave my dad a gift card to the local indie bookstore. He was obviously not going to use it in the couple days before we moved, so I convinced him to let me have it...
Aesop's Fables by Aesop
It's about time I read this!
Mother Goose collected by Arthur Rackham
I'm not terribly interested in rhymes, but I really want to read Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes when it comes out later this year, and this is an unabridged edition by a well-known Victorian illustrator. 
My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me: Forty New Fairy Tales
My mom gave me a very odd look when I showed her the title...
Hades (Halo #2) by Alexandra Adornetto
Free ARC from the bookstore; I have the first book but haven't had a chance yet to read it.


From Honors College:
The Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee
My Honors College sends me free books for unrequired summer reading. Is your college that cool?!

Moving gift:
The Apothecary by Maile Meloy
Thanks, Rachel! The cool cheap books you can find at Ollie's...we were both looking at it because of the pretty cover, but the combination of historical fiction (Cold War?!) and fantasy is also a plus. :)



2 comments:

  1. I have an ARC of Hades sitting on my shelf and I'd like to read it because I love the cover but I still need to read Halo which I also have! I hope you enjoy everything and here's my IMM =)

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-42-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read Halo, too. I just picked up Hades because it was conveniently free. Angel/paranormal romance books aren't usually my thing, but I hope to get around to the series at some point.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete