Sunday, January 15, 2012

In My Mailbox #19

This week, I attended Beth Revis' release party for A Million Suns. Stephanie Perkins and Carrie Ryan were there along with Beth, and the ensuing discussion was quite entertaining! In my typical antisocial fashion, I did not snap pictures of the event or talk much myself to the authors, but I did pick up a copy of Revis' newest book and get it and The Forest of Hands and Teeth signed.

For review:
Music and Dance Traditions of Ghana by Paschal Yao Younge (LibraryThing Early Reviewers)

Won:
Queen of America by Luis Alberto Urrea (thanks, A Musing Reviews!)
Queen Hereafter by Susan Fraser King (thanks, Historical-Fiction.com!)
Hidden Wives by Claire Avery
This was a surprise but arrived thanks to the author. If I won it through a giveaway on your blog, please let me know and I'll link up!


From book club:
Geek Love by Katherine Dunn

Purchased:
A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis

 I just finished reading this and should have a review posted by the end of the week. Happily, A Million Suns lived up to the excellence of Across the Universe - and broke my YA reading slump of the last month!

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy A Million Suns and The Forest of Hands and Teeth, I'm dying to read both of these!

    Shorskie's IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh SO jealous of your signed copy of A Million Suns! I can't wait to read it! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read A Million Suns but i have to read Across the Universe first =) I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Come check out my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Mailbox! You got some amazing books! I loved A Million Suns!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set! I really want to read Carrie Ryan's books. Queen Hereafter sounds great.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. i got a million suns as well this week! and she signed it?? awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! Some good books you got this week! :D I'm liking the fact that you got two of your books signed at the event you went to! Hope that you had a great time and that you enjoy reading all of your new books!

    Here's what I got In My Mailbox this week! :-)

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got A Million Suns signed! You're so lucky, espeically with The Forest of Hands and Teeth as well. I hope you enjoy all your books!
    Happy reading!
    Check out my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great wins! And how fun to attend author events and get signed copies. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete