Saturday, October 1, 2011

In My Mailbox # Something: Two-Week Edition

So I'm lazy and IMMs will only be posted when I have significant numbers of new books accumulated. Hey, school is stressful. At this point, I'm glad I'm posting reviews twice a week (edited: okay, so less than twice a week now. Thank you school, band, SAT, and college apps).

For review:
The Jumbee by Pamela Keyes (BookTrib Review Crew)

Won:
In the Name of the King by A. L. Berridge (thanks, History Girls!)
Reign of Madness by Lynn Cullen (thanks, In the Hammock!)
Reckless by Cornelia Funke (thanks, All-Consuming Books!)
A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan (thanks, Endlessly Bookish!)
Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith (thanks, Scooper Speaks and Reading Addict!)
The Psychology of Twilight ed. by E. David Klonsky and Alexis Black (thanks, Smart Pop!)

So I ended up with two copies of Lockdown and Smart Pop sent me a finished copy of their Twilight anthology in addition to my ARC - this means a giveaway! When I reach 250 followers...but I've also signed up for Leeswammes' Literary Blog Hop Giveaway in two weeks, when I'll be giving away my extra copy of Grendel.

Borrowed:
Pretty Little Liars #1 by Sara Shepard (from a friend for our teen book club)

Mooched:
The Clansman by Thomas Dixon
Well, this one warrants some explanation: I am NOT a white supremacist or neo-Nazi or something. I am an (amateur) literary historian and this is part of literary history. My mom didn't even look at me strangely when this showed up in the mail. But then, some of our fellow historical re-enactors have some odd ways, so maybe she's just used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment