Monday, July 11, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Begins!

This is my first read-a-thon, so we'll see how this turns out! (BTW, this post is auto-set to be published at midnight; I won't actually begin reading until 9 AM after leisurely sleeping in, checking e-mail and blog updates, etc.). I'll be updating periodically, crossing off books and posting reviews on the blog and rambling on Twitter, as I finish books as well as participating in challenges (not sure what to expect in that department, either). Anyway, my list of books. There's ten on it, and I'm hoping to finish five (I intentionally chose relatively thin books). Going with the title of the read-a-thon, I opted to have a folklore and retelling theme to the list, especially since I have a lot of these books that I, erm, haven't gotten around to reading yet...

Golden by Cameron Dokey
Grendel by John Gardner
The Legend of the Wandering Jew by Joseph Gaer
The Mabinogion
Sundiata
The Jack Tales by Richard Chase
The Swan Kingdom by Zoe Marriott
Beastly by Alex Flinn
Myths and Legends of the Sioux by Marie McLaughlin
Percival's Angel by Anne Crompton

No comments:

Post a Comment